Friday, November 14, 2008

In the works...









I have yet to really understand this whole large format, view camera aesthetic. The mechanics are so finicky and I have immense difficulty with the framing. The fact that the 4x5" negative is an inch short of being a square, totally throws me off and I get claustrophobic looking at my pictures! I work well with squares, the box makes me feel even and safe, if that makes any sense..But I honestly prefer the 35mm shape, the width of the frame allows the freedom to place things in the composition that I see as being more drastic or dramatic. ANYHOW, these are my most recent attempts with this camera. My models, Carianne and Katrina were perfect, as usual. I constructed the shoots primarily around the form and this tool skirt I had. The oven shots with Katrina are my particular favorites from that day. The lighting was perfect and her mood appeared effortless. I will probably shoot a few of these again and work out the issues I had with the camera and lighting, but for now...

No comments: